AER provides financial assistance to Soldiers and their family members in times of a valid emergency. AER can help active duty Soldiers and their family members, Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers on active duty for more than 30 days and their family members, retirees and their family members, and surviving spouses and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or after the Soldier retired.

AER usually can help with emergency needs for:

AER cannot help with:

Applications (DA Form 1103) can be picked up at the unit or from the AER Section Office. Soldiers should complete the form and obtain the commanderís signature. Unaccompanied family members, surviving spouses and retirees may complete the form at the AER office. All applicants need to bring their military ID card, a current LES, Assignment or Retirement Orders, Leave Request and substantiating documents (car repair estimate, rental agreement, etc.)

Our office also provides emergency assistance to members of other services through their relief agencies. Army members can also receive assistance at any Navy Relief, Air Force Aid Society, or Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Office. If not near a military installation, Soldiers can receive assistance through a local American Red Cross Chapter.

The Army Emergency Relief Campaign is conducted annually in March with 100% solicitation on Camp Parks. Contributions throughout the year are also accepted.